This program is for non-Koreans or ethnic Koreans living outside of Korea who hope to study Korean language thoroughly to move on to an undergraduate or a graduate level education in Korea. There are six levels in total and it takes about 1.5 years to complete from level 1 to 6.
||Feb. 17, 2015
||Feb. 26, 2016
※This schedule is be subject to change.
2. Entrance Requirement
Applicants must have a high school diploma
3. Application Documents
- Application Form [Download]
- Copy of Passport or Alien Registration Card with 2 Photos
- Official Academic Record of the latest institution enrolled
- Certification of Academic Record [Download]
- Letter of Guarantee [Download] (from a local Korean, sealed by Notary Public) or Bank Statement
- Application Fee \ 50,000 (Non-refundable)
* All documents submitted for application purposes will not be returned to applicants.
4. Tuition Payment
\1,200,000 / term (Exclude textbooks)
- Levels: From 1 to 6
- 4 terms / year (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter)
- 10 weeks / term
- 10-15 students / class
- Class hours: 5 days per week (Mon ~ Fri), 4 hours per day (200 hours / term), TOPIK class every Wednesday
- Special Program
- Cultural Experience Class : Once a term
- Special Events : Spring writing contest, Summer singing contest, Fall sports day, Winter Lunar New Year event
- Free Class
- Pronunciation Writing Clinic: 1:1 Individual attention
- K-pop dance(female), Taekwondo(male): 8 times / term
- Exchange activities of Koreans
- Korean Helpers : Korean buddies (SWU students) who help students study Korean and settle down in Korea
- Korean Speaking Practice Class: Practice speaking in Korean with Seoul Women's University students
6. Completion of a term
- Test 80%, Attitude 20%
- Students who scored an average 70 points or above in four classes(Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing)
- With a minimum of 70 points in three out of the four subjects
- Students who have over 80% of attendance can complete a term.
- The graduates above 3rd level of Regular Program can be granted 6 credits if they want to enter our undergraduate school. (Up to 6 credits)
- In general, students who come under student exchange program can transfer the credits earned through this program. However, students are expected seek advice from the appropriate offices in their home institutions about the credits they can transfer beforehand.